Saturday, November 30, 2019

The Good Place and Victorious 11/29/19

So far this week I've done nothing but binge watch tv shows and go on social media. Obviously, now I'm doing homework because this is written. But what kept me super distracted was watching The Good Place and Victorious.

When I was watching The Good Place, I was thinking about what made the show so popular. I really enjoy it because takes on a question that everyone wants to know the answer to and then gives a straight answer. Its only one take on what happens in the afterlife, but it's an idea and the show kinda just ran with it. I think that people also like to see a topic that can be seen as really serious and has so many possible solutions, but it's taken pretty lightly and matter of fact in this show. There are so many jokes and nothing is meant to be scary.

The other show that I watched was Victorious. Lately, Netflix added this and then also Disney+ came out. I think that these are pretty good ways to get people to go on the platforms because people want to watch stuff from their childhood. It's fun to look back at stuff that you watched all the time and probably forgot about. That's what I was doing. I also forgot about how random the show was. I think that everyone loved these shows because they were so weird. Some of the plots of the episodes were random and I don't really remember it like that before, but that's one of the reasons why I continued to watch it. I think that the biggest thing is the puppet thing that Robbie carries around. It has its own mind but we know that it technically shouldn't, so that's interesting. Things like that make the show weird but funny too.

No comments:

Post a Comment